Every Chophouse Steaks steak has been flash frozen to lock in the flavour and moisture. Whether it’s our USDA Prime, Dry-aged USDA Prime or Wagyu steaks, proper thawing is as important as proper cooking technique. Don’t mess with perfection. Follow these thawing instructions:
- Thaw on a dish in the refrigerator in the vacuum-sealed package.
- Never defrost at room temperature.
- Never thaw by running under hot water.
- Smaller items thaw in approximately 24 hrs. Larger items can take 48 – 60 hrs.
- Steaks can be re-frozen if not removed from vacuum-sealed packaging.
If you’re stuck for time, and we mean you have no other choice, you can quick thaw steaks in a sink of cold water. Simply immerse the steaks (we don’t need to tell you to leave them in their vacuum-sealed packages do we?) in the water for approximately 90 minutes.
- Always preheat your grill
- USDA Prime & Dry-aged Prime -Sear on high heat (1 min/side) first. Lower temperature and continue grilling to desired doneness.
- Canadian & Japanese Wagyu – Do not grill over direct flame unless your fire insurance is paid up. Cook in a cast iron pan on grill or stovetop.
- Always rest steaks for at least 5 minutes after removing from heat. Internal temperature will rise another 5 – 10 degrees during that time.
- Use a meat thermometer to check doneness – 110-120F (rare), 120-130F (medium rare), 130-140 (medium)…cooking further to medium-well or well-done is a crime we won’t be part of.
- Cooking times will vary based on cut and weight (thickness)
You can’t stop love.
Brant Lake Wagyu Ribeye Steaks
Brant Lake Wagyu Striploin Steaks
Brant Lake Wagyu Outside Skirt (Peeled)$32.66 /pkg.(750g avg.) Add to cart
Brant Lake Wagyu Beef Back Ribs$53.72 /pkg (1.9-2.4kg avg. per rack) Add to cart
When only the best steaks will do.
For more information about about buying steak online via our online butcher shop, do not hesitate to get in touch with us at (902) 876-2356 or email@example.com